Saturday, June 6, 2009

Secret Visit



I finally got to meet my baby boy last night! Up until 10:16 pm yesterday I had only seen him in pictures and briefly in the operating room when they held him up over the curtain. Today the nurses said they will get me into a wheelchair to go to the NICU to see him if he stays there. He is doing great though, the pediatrician says all of the labs are coming back neg. and if they are still negative today, Sam can stay in the room with me. Anyway...his nurse unhooked him and snuck him in for 4 minutes last night so I finally got to hold him! He is beautiful, and he was sleeping soundly.

Visitors Update:
Because Sam will still be spending some time in the NICU, doctors have asked us to limit visitors. We appreciate everyone's well-wishes, but please don't come visit right now. The doctors are saying that if Sam's tests come back okay today, they will discharge us tomorrow. Then, everyone is welcome to come visit at the house. Thanks again for well-wishes and support.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Yayyyy!!!!! I can't wait to meet him too.

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

I am so, so glad you finally got to hold him!!!

Rachel said...

I can't even imagine what a long day of waiting that must have been for you. We're praying for a quick recovery for you both!

Amanda said...

What a long wait to hold you sweet baby boy! See y'all when you get home!! :)

Jessica said...

What a wonderful nurse! We can't wait to meet him when you guys get home!